Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Happiness is...

...being in the middle of two fantastic series! Just finished this book this weekend...
Its the second of four. So good. While I'm waiting for my mom to finish the third book and pass it on to me, I picked up this at the book store...
Confession: Rick Riordan isn't my favorite author...his writing style is just juvenile enough to be distracting. I know, I know, these books are written for juveniles...but JK Rowling proved you can do that and still be an excellent author. So the bar has been set, Rick. I'm just saying. However, the story line for these books is awesome. I love the idea and I get caught up in the plot. I read the whole Greek series with my son Daniel (he would hand off the book to me when he was finished); I was hesitant to start this Roman counterpart, because I'd heard it wasn't as good. Thankfully, two of my students convinced me to give it a try--and I'm hooked. It is an incredibly comfortable feeling to be stocked with reading material for the foreseeable future! Nothing is quite as disconcerting as finishing an awesome book and not knowing what to read next. Thank-goodness for GoodReads. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment