Sunday, November 17, 2013

Faith

Its been a difficult weekend at the Cosner Ranch.

On Saturday morning, my little Holly Faith went out to gather eggs from our chickens; she came in weeping that they were all dead. Handsome Husband and I went out to look--we had been visited by a bobcat that night. All our feathered family--gone. It was truly sad, and yet a circle-of-life experience; I thought immediately of all the books I've read about pioneer women of the west (my favorite genre!), and how many stories there were of lost flocks, lost livestock, lost gardens; it is the way of things, sometimes. Yet--still sad, both the children and myself...they were such a sweet little group of birds.

Also, that same morning--woke up to plumbing issues. I have bad feeling about this, in a very Han-Solo-way...we snaked the pipes (our first time! Ah, the joys of property! And when I say we, I emphatically mean the Husband), and...the problem remains. Untouched. So we put a call into the septic company, and we'll see what they can do this week for us. In the meantime, the weekend was spent at my mom's, doing our weekend 8-loads of laundry; I think, pessimistically, its the tip of the ice berg. Keep ya posted.

Since bad things come in threes--we miscommunicated on some budget issues, and we have a week ahead with a few dollars in the account until Friday payday. No huge biggie--we've been here before and worse, surely! Creative cooking = using everything in the fridge and pantry in unusual combinations, and we are absolutely fine--but still a trial to carry this week.

And yet...how blessed am I to have a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear, family to support us, and my best friend to go through it all with...we know how to hold hands and plant firmly our feet, listening to God's direction and having faith together. If God is trying to get our attention--He has it. :)

Deuteronomy 6: 5-9Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment