Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Marla's Movie Musings


I went to see the movie "Gravity" today with a group of people I work with...I'd heard a lot of generic good things about the film, but really had little idea what to expect or what it was about. Here's the run-down:

1) This movie is basically "Castaway" in space. If you liked Castaway, you'll love this film. And you'll also know how it ends. :p

2) I had a very hard time separating Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as celebrities from their characters. They are so well-known that it was hard not to see THEM on the screen--which of course makes the plot a whole lot more far fetched. To be fair, I had this same problem with Tom Cruise in "Oblivion". Its probably just me.

3) Okay, seriously--there were LOTS of shots of Sandra Bullock's incredibly toned, skinny legs. But here's the deal: she had been in space for a week and half!! DOES ANYBODY REALLY SHAVE THEIR LEGS IN SPACE???

Rating: B


No comments:

Post a Comment